Bridal Alterations is an ideal career if you’re looking for job security!
Finding a well paying stable job can be difficult, yet, it can also be easy! If you have a skill in sewing and would like to turn that skill into the ideal career. Bridal Alterations could be a path that you may want to consider. As the economy continues to evolve, it is becoming evident that job stability is becoming more and more important. There are several reasons why Bridal Alterations can give you that stable, secure job you are looking for.
- Skillset That Stays Relevant – There are a lot of careers that require additional schooling every so many years otherwise you can lose your license or in general not be employable. This is true for lawyers, doctors, insurance agents, accountants, engineers but not for bridal alterations. Sewing is a talent and skill set that will never be obsolete even during economic downtimes.
- Economic Stability – Even when money is tight, they may borrow a dress from a friend or family member, the dress will still need alterations to fit the bride. The same set of skills used by seamstresses 100 years ago is still in need today, and even in greater need since not as many new seamsters are getting into the industry while many are retiring.
- Equipment Upgrades (How Infrequent) – If you think about it, how has the needle or a sewing machine changed over the past 100 years. In truth not that much. A one-time investment into a sewing machine and serger will outlive the vehicle you drive. I am using the same sewing machines I bought 30 years ago. Technology can advance all it wants, this job will not be left in the dust.
- My job can’t be shipped overseas. Total job security. I’m not competing with 3rd world labor for what I get paid. Even if all wedding dress shopping is done on the internet, the fitting has to be in person with the bride and an alterations specialist.
- Setting your own hours and flexibility. Not all bridal alteration seamsters have to be full time or work in a bridal shop. You can work from home and choose your own schedule to fit around your needs. You can work for a bridal shop or have your own home based independent business, with alteration sewing skills the choice is yours.
I created an Alterations Academy for you so I can teach you all the knowledge you need to turn your sewing skills into an ideal career. Have the stability you need in your job. The courses I have created are for expert sewers, but will teach you the skills you need, how to interact with your clients or bridal shops and the equipment you need to get started. I am here to set you up for success!